Ethakka appam / Ripe banana fritters is an easy and traditional Kerala style snack made with ripe plantains.
Ripe Bananas 4 Nos. Coconut oil (Or) Cooking oil For Deep Frying
All Purpose Flour (Maida) 1 cup
Rice flour 2 Tablespoon
Sugar 2 TablespoonBicarbonate of soda a pinch
Turmeric powder 1/8 Teaspoon
Salt To Taste
- Peel the bananas and slice them into 3 pieces, lengthwise.
- Add above batter items into the mixing bowl, blend it thoroughly to form a semi thick batter with a dropping consistency and do make sure there no lumps in the batter.
- Now dip the slices in batter and evenly coat them.
- Heat the oil in a kadai.
- Deep fry them until they become golden brown. Flip them in between.
- Remove from oil and drain the excess oil with paper towel.
- Serve hot with Masala Chai.