If you want this recipe as low fat, please use 2 % milk, low fat yogurt and low fat sour cream. In traditional dahi Annam, they won't use jalapenos. But I used jalapeno , it came out very tasty.
Rice 1 cup
Rice 1 cup
Whole milk 2 cups
Water 1 cup
Sour cream 1 cup
Thick Yogurt ½ cup
Ginger cut into small pieces 2 tbsp
Green chillies chopped finely 5 no
Jalapenos chopped finely 1 no
Salt to taste
Oil ½ tsp
Mustard seed 1 tsp
Curry leaves – 1 stem (chopped finely)
Hing 1/8 tsp
- Wash and clean the rice.
- Add water and whole milk and pressure cook it for 4 whistles.
- Take out from rice and smash well and keep aside.
- Add ginger, jalapenos, green chills and salt into it and mash well.
- Whisk sour cream and yogurt very well. And add to the rice.
- Fry all seasonings and add to the rice.
- Serve with lemon pickle, or Puli Millaghai.
- Don't add curd to the hot rice. It will leave water.
- Before serving the rice, add fruits and veggies to the curd rice and mix it well then serve.
- In summer season, add very little sour cream to the rice.
- You can add more milaghai to the seasonings. It will increase the flavor and taste to the curd rice.
- Always mix the rice with big spoons. Don't use your hands for mixing the rice. It will become too sour.