Curry is a staple in my kitchen. This is one of my favorite recipes to make when I feel like I need to eat spicy . Enjoy this simple recipe from my Madappalli Kitchen.
Small Indian Brinjals 1 pound
Big Tomato 1 no.
Salt to taste
Turmeric Powder 1/2 tsp.
Hing ½ tsp.
Curry leaves few
Chenna dhal 1 tbsp.
Urdh dhal 1 tbsp.
Fennel seeds (optional) 1 tsp.
Red chilies 4 no.
Cloves 2 no
Green cardamom 2 no.
Oil 1 tsp.
Cumin seeds 1 /2 tsp.
Coriander leaves few
- Wash and cut Brinjals into 2’ long sizes. Cut capsicum & Tomatoes in to small pieces.
- Dry roast the all masalas and coarsely powder it.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add seasonings, when they start spluttering, add capsicums and sauté it for 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and sauté until they are mushy.
- Now add the brinjal and turmeric, hing and salt. Fry it in medium heat until Brinjals are cooked.
- Add the grounded masals and mix well and cook it in very low flame.
- When you feel Brinjals has been cooked soft and raw masala smell gone, switch off the stove.
- Garinish with coriander leaves.
- Serve with steamy rice or Chapatti.