A popular dessert recipe made in South India on auspicious occasions and festivals. This mouthwatering Sweet Dish is cooked with Pineapple, Rava, Sugar, Ghee, saffron and nuts. You will love this delicious melt in mouth Kesari/Sheera with mild pineapple flavor. Here is how to make best pineapple Kesari at home!
Coarse Rava/Semolina 1 Cup
Chopped Pineapple ¾ Cup
Desi Ghee ¾-1 Cup
Sugar 1 ½ cup – 2 Cups
Boiling Water 2 ½ cup – 3 Cups
Saffron ¼ Teaspoon
Crushed Cardamom Powder 1 Teaspoon
Warm Milk 3 Tablespoon
Raisins 1 Tablespoon
Cashew nuts 1 Tablespoon
Kesari Preparation Method:
- Wash the Pineapple and remove the skin and chop it into cubes. Add 1 teaspoon of sugar and mix well. Keep aside.
- Add a saffron into the warm milk and mix it well and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons ghee in a thick pan. Add cashews and raisins. Fry till golden. Keep aside.
- In the same pan, add 1 tablespoon of ghee, add the Rava and roast it. until the raw smell disappears, you get the nice aroma and Rava turns golden brown.
- Transfer the roasted Rava to a plate.
- In a mean time boil the water, add the sugar and melt it.
- By this time, Heat pineapple cubes with a little water. The mixture would also begin to boil..
- Pour the sugar syrup to the roasted Rava. Stir quickly and briskly so that lumps are not formed. Add the saffron milk and mix well.
- Simmer on a low flame and add the pineapple and mix well. Allow the Rava to absorb the water.
- Add the ghee and stir well. Takes about 4 to 5 minutes on a low flame. Keep on stirring, so the Rava does not get browned.
- Turn off the heat and add fried raisins and cashews and cardamom powder. Mix it well.
- Enjoy the Hot pineapple kesaribath.
- To get the good tasty Kesari, always use the ripe pineapple.
- Use good desi ghee to make Kesari.
- Pineapple Kesari stays 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator. To reheat you can microwave or gently reheat on stove top with two teaspoons ghee.
can use Tinned Pineapple. Using tinned pineapple
- You can grind the pineapple add to the boiling water.