Besan toast is a very popular snack. Bread Besan Toast is a nice alternative to French toast for those who do not eat egg. Perfect for busy mornings or for a lazy Sunday breakfast.
Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time : 15 Minutes
Recipe Category: Snacks, Breakfast
Serves 2 Nos.
Besan/ Chickpea Flour ½ Cup
Bread Slices 4 Nos.
Finely Chopped Capsicums 2 Tablespoon
Finely Chopped Tomatoes 2 Tablespoon
Finely Chopped Green Chillies 1/2 Teaspoon
Red Chili Powder ¼ Teaspoon
Carom seeds (Ajwain/Omam) ½ Teaspoon
Asafetida powder a Pinch
Salt To Taste
Oil/ Butter As required
Water As Required
- Sift a cup of Besan (chickpea flour) to remove lumps.
- In a bowl add Besan and Ajwain, red pepper powder, cumin powder, asafetida and salt and mix well.
- Pour water little at a time and with a spoon or a whisk mix the Besan and make a smooth batter.
- In this batter add chopped capsicums, Tomatoes and Green chilies and Mix well.
- Heat a griddle until hot. Dip the bread in the batter and use your hands to spread the batter evenly on the bread
- Let the bread cook for 4 to 5 minutes, drizzle little oil around the bread pieces.
- With the spatula turn the bread pieces around and cook for 2 to 3 minutes then turn them around and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Toast the bread both sides, on a low flame until brown and crisp and toasted.
- Take them off from the pan and place them on a plate over paper towel, so that extra oil absorbed.
- Serve Besan Toast hot with coriander chutney, ketchup or the pickle of your choice.
- The choice of bread to be used depends upon you. You could choose whole wheat bread , flax seed bread, Multigrain bread etc.
- You can add finely chopped coriander leaves, grated carrots on it.