Thai cuisine is adaptable, innovative and dynamic. The unique Thai taste can be defined as the use of all 5 flavors: spicy, sweet, salty, bitter and sour.
Pad Thai is probably the most popular noodle dish on Thai restaurant menus. In Thailand, each street vendor sells a unique version of this wonderfully aromatic dish.Most of these ingredients should be available at a respectable Asian food market. Try it - You will love it.
Pad Thai wide Rice Sticks 1 packet
Stir Fry vegetables 1 cup
Shallow Fried Tofu 1 cup
Fresh red or green chilies 1-2 finely sliced
Grated galangal OR ginger 1 tsp.
Fresh lime juice 1 Tbsp.
chopped dry-roasted peanuts 2 Tbs.
Peanut Oil 1 Tbsp.
Chopped Fresh Basil leaves few
Salt to taste.
PAD THAI SAUCE:
|Sambal chili Sauce|
Rice Vinegar 2 Tbsp.
Brown sugar/Palm sugar 4 Tbsp.
Dark Soy Sauce 1 Tbsp.
Tamarind paste ½ Tsp.
Red Chili flakes 1 Tsp.
Sambal Oelek Ground Chili Sauce 1to 2 Tbsp
Peanut Butter 1 Tbsp.
- Warm a pot of water on the stove until just before boiling. Remove from heat and immerse rice noodles. Allow to sit until they are limp and white, about 20 minutes.
- Drain the noodles and keep it in the refrigerator.
- Combine 'Pad Thai Sauce' ingredients together in a cup, stirring to dissolve sugar. Set aside.
- Shallow fry or deep fry ,the tofu pieces in oil and keep aside.
- Heat a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add grated galangal or ginger and green chilies and stir fry for a minute .
- Now add the fresh stir fry Chinese vegetables and fry for a minute.
- Now add lime juice ,fried tofu and Pad Thai Sauce and fry for few minutes. When vegetables are half cooked add the noodle. Mix well together to combine the flavors. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, Remove from heat .
- Serve with limes, chopped peanuts and basil leaves
- In this recipe I used Sambal Oelek (ground chili sauce ), because this chili sauce is made of chilies with no other additives such as garlic or spices for a simple taste. Refrigerate after opening. Keeps for several months.