Popular in Middle Eastern cuisine, hummus is a delicious dip/spread that is easy to make with simple ingredients and provides lot of fiber, protein and vitamins. This zingy version can bring some variety to your plate. Serve this with fresh veggies and Pita Bread.
Soaked, Cooked and drained Chickpeas 1 cup
Roasted Red Pepper 1 no.
Finely chopped Coriander leaves / Parsley 1 Tbsp.
Roasted White Sesame seeds 1 Tbsp.
Ground cumin ½ Tsp
Lemon Juice 2 Tbsp.
Olive oil 1 Tbsp.
Red chili powder ¼ Tsp. Chopped fresh cilantro 1 Tsp.
Salt To Taste.
- Soak the chick peas (Kabuli Chenna) for overnight. Next day cook it in pressure cooker and drain and keep aside.
- Place the red pepper in to a burner over a medium flame until skin is blackened on all sides toss it in ice,
- And chop it and keep aside.
- In a electric blender or food processor, puree the chick peas, with red pepper, cilantro/ parsley ,lemon juice, roasted sesame seed, cumin seed, olive oil, red chili powder and salt.
- Grind it until the mixture is fairly smooth and slightly fluffy.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and refrigerate for at least 1` hour..
- Sprinkle with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve with veggies and pita bread.
- You can use tinned Chenna and Tahini (Sesame sauce) sauce.
- You can adjust the spice level to your taste.
|Roasted Red Pepper Hummus|