Fenugreek is a spice and a herb that is quite popular in the Indian kitchens. The fenugreek leaves are aromatic, cooling and mild aperient. The leaves are popular for their aromatic and unique flavor. Fenugreek leaves are basically a kind of green leafy vegetables unless you dry them for storage (kasuri methi). The seeds and the leaves are well known for their medicinal uses.
It cures digestive problems, considered as good appetizer, Very good for Diabetes,Heals mouth ulcers, prevents anemia
Multi Grain flour 1 cup
All-purpose flour 2 tablespoon
Chopped fenugreek leaves ½ cup.
Red chili powder ½ teaspoon
Black pepper powder 1/8 teaspoon.
Jeera powder 1/4 teaspoon
Hing 2 pinches
Melted Ghee 1 teaspoon
Curd 1 teaspoon
Salt To taste.
Oil for deep frying
- Remove the fenugreek leaves from the stem and wash thoroughly. Chop the leaves coarsely. Microwave it for 5 minutes.
- Sift the flour, add all above ingredients, fenugreek leaves and salt.
- Make a stiff dough using water. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Then make even size small balls of the dough. Roll out into disc shape of 5” diameter.
- Prick the diamond shapes using a fork to prevent them from puffing up.
- Cut into small diamond shapes.
- Heat the oil in a pan, fry the crackers in a slow fire till golden brown on both the sides. Drain on the paper towel.
- Cool and store in an air-tight container.
For Baking Method
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place the crackers in a well-greased baking tray.
- Bake them at 180°c for 5 minutes or until they turn golden brown. Let it cool for some time.
- Store them in a airtight container.