Black Pepper Rice is a spicy, flavorful and easy to make
rice recipe prepared using very basic ingredients in less than 30 minutes. If
you have left over rice, this recipe can be prepared in less than 10 minutes.
It served as Naivedyam Prasadam in Perumal Kovils and Madams.
Cooked Rice 2 cups
Black Pepper 1 Tablespoon
Chenna Dal 2 Tablespoon
Urdh Dal 1 Tablespoon
Cumin Seed 1 Teaspoon
Curry Leaves Few Leaves
Red Chilli 1 nos
Gingelly Oil 1 Tablespoon
For Tadka/ Temper
Ghee 1 Tablespoon
Mustard seeds 1 Teaspoon
Chenna Dal 1 Teaspoon
Curry Leaves few
Asafetida Powder ½ Teaspoon
- Cook the rice to the right consistency – not too dry nor too well-done.
- In a small pan, add 1/2 tsp Gingelly oil and peppercorns , Urdh dhal. Chenna Dal, Curry Levees and Red Chili. Fry till you get a nice aroma. Switch off the stove. When cool Grind coarsely. Keep Aside.
- Mix this powder with cooked rice.
- Heat Ghee in a kadai, add mustard seeds, Chenna dal, Asafetida Powder and Curry eaves. Fry it in ghee.
- When it crackle, switch off the stove. Add to the rice and Mix well.
- Serve the Iyengar Style Black Pepper Rice hot with Elai Vadam Recipe (A Traditional South Indian Rice Papad) and Cucumber Raita to complete your meal.
- Other 30 Rice recipes that you can try are: