A very rich and heavy bhindi dish made with authentic Hyderabad ingredients. This mouthwatering dish made from bhindi, almond paste and yogurt. This is very good side dish for chapati, Naan & Pulka.
Frozen small bhindi 3 cups
Chopped tomatoes 1 cup
Finely chopped capsicum ½ cup
Curry leaves a few
Beaten Yogurt (curd) ½ cup
Kashmiri red chili powder 1 tsp.
Fennel powder ½ tsp.
Garam masala powder ¼ tsp.
Turmeric powder ¼ tsp.
To be ground into a paste
Almonds 8 no.
Shredded coconut 2tbsp.
Ginger paste 1tbsp.
Cumin seed ½ tsp.
Whole red chili 1 no.
Curry leaves few
Chopped coriander leaves
- Sprinkle a salt into frozen bhindi and keep aside for 30 minutes. Later cook it in the microwave for 8 minutes.
- Soak the almonds and khus Khus in hot water for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, remove the almond skin. Grind with coconut, khus khus, and ginger paste with little milk. Keep aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp. of oil in a pan and shallow fry the okra’s for about 7-10 min, until they turn slightly brown but still remain crisp. Keep aside.
- Heat a bit more oil in the same pan. Fry the curry leaves, dried chilies, and cumin seed. Lower the stove heat.
- Then add chopped tomatoes and all masala powders and cook well until the the tomatoes have become pulpy and oil comes out from the sides.
- Now add the almond paste and salt , continue to cook for few more minutes , add yogurt into the mixture.
- Add the sautéed bhindi and cook for a few minutes. You may need to add some water if you think the gravy is too thick.
- Garnish with cilantro. Serve hot with pulka , chapatti, and pulao.