This creamy dish delights with tiny potatoes, savory spinach and just the right amount of spice, intensely flavorful, loaded with nutrients and the delicious ingredients will set your taste buds tingling! There are many ways of making Aloo Palak and here is my version of potato spinach recipe. Serve this Aloo spinach curry with equally delicious Naan for a scrumptious meal.
Prep Time : 20 Mins
Servings : 4 People
Cooking Time: 30 Mins
Recipe Category: Vegetable Sabzis
Recipe Cuisine : North Indian
Fresh Spinach/ Palak - 3 Cups
Boiled Potato - 4 Nos.
Oil for fry Potatoes 2 Tablespoons
Salt To Taste
Sugar 1 Teaspoon
Fresh Cabbage 1 cup
Tomato Puree ½ cup
Coconut Paste 3 Tablespoon
Red Chili Powder 1 Teaspoon
Coriander Powder 1 Tablespoon
Garam Masala Pow 1 Teaspoon
Ghee 2 Teaspoon
Cumin Seeds 1 Teaspoon
Cream 1 Tablespoon (Optional)
For Spinach Puree:
- Wash and Clean the Spinach. Bring water to a boil, add the spinach and cook briefly until tender. Drain and put it in the ice cold water for 4 minutes. Once cooled, drain and tossed in a blender to make a puree.
For Cabbage Paste: ,
- Wash the chopped cabbage and add it to a pan along with 1/4 cup water. Cover and let it simmer for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Allow it to cool down completely. Blend it to a paste. Keep aside.
For Coconut Paste:
- Grind the fresh coconut with 1 table spoon of water . Keep aside.
- Peel the boiled potatoes and dice them like cubes and shallow fry , until light brown in color and crispy,and keep aside.
- Assemble ingredients for the gravy.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add cumin seeds.
- Add cabbage paste, tomato paste and cook for a minute.
- Mix in spices and cook for another minute.
- Add coconut paste and cook for 1 minute until oil starts to separate.
- Pour in coarsely grounded palak.
Mix it well.
- Mix it Well.
- Add the fried potatoes.
- Adjust the seasonings and bring to a simmer. Cook for 2–3 minutes until heated through.
- Feel free to add cream on top.