Cracked Wheat Uppuma or Dalia Uppuma is a very healthy and nutritious way to start your day. Wheat is a nutritious food containing Protein, Carbohydrates, Fiber, Iron and very less amount of fat. Normally I make this Uppuma on Ekadasi days. You may also add other veggies of your choice to make it more colorful and tasty. This is very good breakfast for Diabetics
Roasted Cracked Wheat ½ cup
Cooked Garbanzo beans ¼ cup
Grated Ginger 1 Tbsp.
Curry leaves few
Coconut oil / Ghee 1 Tbsp.
Mustard seeds ½ Tsp.
Urdh dhal ¼ Tsp.
Chenna dhal ¼ Tsp.
Red chilies 3 no.
Green chilies 1 no.
- Wash the broken wheat in running water and drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add all above seasonings, ginger and curry leaves and fry for a minute.
- Add 1 cup of water and salt in it and bring to boil.
- Simmer the flame, add the wheat slowly& cooked Garbanzo beans(Kabuli chenna), stirring continuously to prevent it from forming lumps.
- Cover and cook on low flame, stirring in between, till all the water has evaporated and it become soft.
- Now low fat healthy breakfast is ready to serve.
- Serve hot with pickle, Sambhar and Chutney.
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE, YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:(see the Links)
If you found this post useful, I would really love it if you pin it or share it with your Facebook fans or Twitter followers or Google+ circles today. All it takes is a simple click on the “pin it” “like,” “share,” “tweet,” or Google+ buttons below the post. It will keep me motivated
|Broken Wheat Uppuma|