Soups are always considered to be healthy dish which should be included in our daily diet . If the soup is prepared at home from fresh tomatoes and carrots which are rich in vitamin A & C then it becomes more nutritious. Good warm and cold, this bright tasting soup can be made ahead and frozen. Of course you can use fresh tomatoes instead of canned. Very simple and delicious soup.
Tomatoes - 4 no (Blanched and Peeled)
Medium size Carrots – 2 no (Peeled and grated)
Red Pumpkin - 1 cup
Chopped Jalapenos – 1 1/2 tbsp.
Grated Ginger – 1tsp.
Sugar – 1tsp
Salt and Black Pepper to taste
Mixed dried herbs (optional) a pinch
Bay leaf – 1 no
Corn flour – 1 tsp
Butter – 1 tsp
Cream – 1 tbsp
Water – ½ - 1 cup
Coriander leaves for decoration
- Wash tomatoes, blanched and Peeled (immerse the tomatoes in boiling water for 5 minutes, remove and plunge into cold water. Peel).Peel the carrots and grated.
- Chop the peeled tomatoes. Heat the butter in a heavy bottomed pan; add the bay leaf and ginger
- Add the grated carrots, chopped pumpkin, Jalapenos and tomatoes and sauté for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add a little water and cook them.
- Now put all the vegetable into a blender and blend properly and the strain it through a strainer so as to remove the tomato seed. The soup mixture is now ready to cook.
- Heat butter in a pan and add the soup mixture. And a ½ cup of water. Add sliced ½ tbsp. of Jalapeno, pepper powder, Sugar and salt if required.
- Reduce flame and simmer covered for about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Now mix a tsp. Corn flour in 1/2 cup of water and add that to the soup. Stir continuously until the soup becomes little thick and the volume is reduced.
- Serve in a Soup Bowl and Garnish with Fresh Cream and coriander leaves.