Have you tried Keerai adai (spinach adai)? Its a crispy thick dosa with a lot of lentils. I love spinach adai , so flavorful, colorful and yummy adai. The best part is that there is no fermenting required.
My husband Paddy loved this adai with homemade ghee and jaggery... So yummy. Here I used spinach , but you can use Fenugreek leaves ( Methi leaves) also.
Boiled rice ¾ cup
Raw rice 3/4 cup
Urdh dhal ¼ cup
Bengal gram ½ cup
Tovar dhal ¼ cup
Moong dhal ¼ cup
Cumin seed ¼ tsp.
Red chillies 10 no
Ginger grated 2 tbsp
Curry leaves 2 stem
Hing ½ tsp
Salt as required
Finely chopped spinach 1 ½ cup
Finely shredded carrot 3 tbsp ( Optional)
Finely chopped cilantro 1 tbsp.
Oil as required
- Soak rice and dals together for 5 hours. Soak red chilies separately.
- Drain it and grind it with ginger, red chilies, curry leaves, Hing, cumin seed and salt together.
- Grind it slightly coarsely. No need to ferment the batter.
- To the batter, add finely chopped spinach leaves, and shredded carrots (optional)
- Mix everything well and the batter is ready to use
- Heat the griddle and pour 2 ladle of batter and spread in a circular motion.
- Spread 2 tsp. of oil around the dosa and cook both sides.
- Serve with sambhar , Chutney and Millaghai podi.