This preparation removes the bitterness of the bitter gourd and you will start like to eat bitter gourd very often. Good for diabetic patients. I bet you would surely like this if you are a fan of bitter gourd.
Bitter gourd 4 no (Cut into half round pieces and de-seed)
Sweet peppers 2 no
Tomato 2 no (Cut into small pieces)
Turmeric Powder ¼ tsp
Chili Powder 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Boiled water mix with ½ tsp chili powder, ½ tsp salt.
Ghee 1 tbsp
Jeera 1/2 tsp
Hing a pinch
- Put the cut bitter gourd pieces in boiled water mixed with spices and keep it covered for 5 Minutes.
- Drain the water after 5 minutes.This will remove the unwanted bitterness a little.
- Heat ghee in a pan; add all seasonings, when Jeera starts spluttering add sweet peppers and tomato pieces.
- Fry for few minutes. Then add the bitter gourd pieces in it. Fry it in a low heat.
- Now add the chili powder, turmeric powder, salt into it. Mix it well.
- Lower the flame and let it shallow fry the bitter gourd pieces till golden brown.
- Serve hot with rice and Sambhar.
Ghee reduces the bitter taste of it little.
|Bitter gourd Stir Fry|