Burfi is a diamond shaped ,one of the most popular, sweet in India. It comes in scores of different varieties and flavors. This one is very easy to make .
Plain Cashew- 25 nos
Khus Khus 2 tbsp.
Almond s 25 no
Milk ½ -1 cup
Cane sugar- 2 cup
Ghee- 2-3 tbsp.
Crushed Cardamoms 5 no
- Wash and soak the Almonds in warm water for one hour.
- Wash and soak the Cashews in warm water separately.
- Soak Khus Khus in hot water for one hour.
- Peel the skin from almonds and drain the water.
- Grind the almonds, cashew and Khus Khus in a blender to a smooth paste, with milk.
- Put a sugar in a nonstick pan and turn the heat on. Cook it till the sugar syrup forms 2-3 thread consistency.
- Now add the cashew and almond paste and keep stirring constantly.
- Ghee can be added slowly, while the paste is cooking.
- In about 20-25 minutes, simmer the heat and add the remaining ghee and carefully observe for consistency.
- The mixture will combine together to form a single mass and leaves edges. The color of the mixture will be pale color. Now add the ghee and stir. You can turn the heat off.
- When you cook more than this, it can turn very hard or get charred.
- Grease the plate to which the Burfi mixture has to be transferred and keep ready. Remove the mixture and spread it evenly to the plate.
- After 5 minutes, cut them into little squares, when it is still warm.
- Store it in a container.