Kadalai Urundai is one street side snack which reminds me of those kinds of sweet memories in my school life.Kadalai Urundai is a very popular Indian sweet which is made with peanut and jiggery and comes in many shapes like square, rectangle or round. It is easy to make and can be made with items in the kitchen and has a great shelf life. Store it in an airtight container. Paddy is a big fan of peanut Urundai.
Peanuts - 2 cups
Jaggery (grated) – 1 ¼ cup
Water – a little
Elachi Powder – 1 tsp.
Ghee - 1tbsp.
- Dry roast the peanut in a pan, and rub the peanuts well with your palm to remove the skin.
- Take a another pan , add Jaggery and water and make a thick syrup.
- Drop a little syrup in a cup of water and roll between the thumb and forefinger. If it allows to be rolled, the syrup is ready.
- Immediately remove from the fire, add the peanuts, ghee, Elachi powder. Mix well.
- Dust your palm with a little rice flour, and pull out small quantities of the peanut mixture and hold in a tight fist to make a ball.
- Once a few have been made into shape, place them in small plate and gently rotate the plate in a circular motion, rolling the balls all around .
- Towards the end of the process, however, the syrup might harden and reheat the pan over a gentle heat and loosen the mixture. Remove from the heat and roll them all in balls.
- Store it an airtight container.