Bell peppers are packed with several nutrients. They are a good source of vitamin C, thiamine, vitamin B6, beta carotene, and folic acid. Compared to green bell pepper, red one has more nutrients including antioxidant lycopene.
Chutneys can be made with several vegetables and fruits and each one have a unique taste. Today’s Bell Pepper Chutney is tangy, and spicy too.
Chopped Red Bell pepper 3 cups
Chopped Tomato ½ cup
Dry red (Byadagi) chilies 3 no.
Green chilies 1 no.
Cumin seed 1/4 tsp..
Coriander leaves 1 tsp.
Oil 1 tsp.
Oil 1 tsp.
Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp.
Hing a pinch
Curry leaves few
- Heat a 1 tsp of oil in a pan. Fry cumin seeds, dry red chilies & green chilies. Remove from fire and keep aside.
- The same oil, add chopped bell peppers,green chilies & tomatoes and saute for 5 minutes. Turn off and cool
- Transfer them into a blender jar and add sufficient salt , fry chilies and coriander leaves and grind to a fine paste.
- Transfer the chutney into a bowl.
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in a small pan, add the mustard seeds and allow them to splutter. Add the curry leaves and few.
- Switch off stove and pour this tempering into the grinded chutney.
- Serve with hot idlis and dosa.