Fried, batter-dipped vegetables nuggets called Pakoras. This cabbage Pakoras to be made as a side snack or tea time snack.
Thinly shredded cabbage 1 cup
Chopped coriander leaves 2 Tbsp.
Chopped Curry leaves 1 Tbsp.
Oil for Deep Frying
Chickpea Flour/ Besan /Gram flour 1 cup
Rice Flour ¼ cup
Cornstarch 1 Tbsp.
Baking soda 2 pinch
Salt To Taste
Red chili powder 1 Tsp.
Turmeric powder ¼ Tsp.
Asafetida powder a pinch
Ajwain seed a pinch
Ghee ½ Tsp.
Water For making batter
- To make Batter, mix all batter ingredients in a big bowl and whisking the ingredients together to form a thick batter. The consistency should be of dosa batter nor too thick nor too thin.
- Now add the chopped cabbages, coriander leaves and curry leaves. Mix it well.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Once oil is hot, pour spoonful of the hot oil one by one.
- Fry the vegetables turning them occasionally until they are golden brown and crisp all over.
- Remove them with a slotted spoon and allow them to drain on the towel lined plate.
- Repeat with the remaining vegetable batter.
- Serve hot with chutneys and chili sauces.
My other Pakoda Recipes: