Chettinadu cuisine is so famous for its freshly grounded masala powders. Potato Fry is one among the best dishes of Chettinadu cuisine. It can also be served as a starter; on toothpicks. These are a perfect accompaniment for Sāmbhar, rasam(Sathuamuthu) with hot rice!!
Potatoes 10 no.
Salt to taste
Chettinadu Curry powder 2 tbsp.(Clink the link)
Oil 2 tbsp.
Mustard seeds ¼ tsp.
Cumin seeds ¼ tsp.
Urdh dhal 1 tsp.
Turmeric Powder ¼ tsp.
Asafetida powder ¼ tsp.
Curry leaves few
- Wash the potatoes very well and pressure cook for 1 whistle. Cut the potatoes with skin into halves.
- Heat a big pan and add oil to it. Add mustard seeds, curry leaves and let it splutter.
- Now add all other tempering and fry for a minute. Now add the turmeric powder, Hing powder and potatoes. Add salt & curry powder and mix it well.
- Now simmer the stove heat shallow fry ,till potatoes are roasted.
- Garnish with chopped curry leaves and serve hot with rice.