Temperature, texture, color, aroma and taste all come together in this bowl of ginger cumin tomato soup. Serve it with any bread.
Organic Tomato juice 4 cups.
Finely chopped green chilies 1 Tbsp.
Salt To taste.
Homemade Ghee 2 Tbsp.
Cumin seeds 1 Tsp.
Black peppercorns ½ Tsp.
Chopped Fresh ginger 2 Tbsp.
Sugar 1 Tsp.
Sweet paprika 1 Tsp.
Fat Free Cream ¼ cup
- Heat the ghee in a pan. Once ghee started melting , sprinkle cumin seed and peppercorns and fry for 10 seconds.
- Now add the chopped ginger, green chilies and fry for 3 minutes.
- Pour the tomato juice , sugar, paprika and salt, stir and mix, Bring the soup into boil.
- Reduce the heat to simmer and let it boil for 15 minutes.
- Pour the half of the soup into blender and hold the blender with a towel and run the blender .
- Blend it until the soup is smooth. Pour the pureed soup into a bowl.
- Repeat with the remaining soup. Transfer the puree soup- back to the sauce pan.
- Stir in the cream and return the soup to a boil and uncovered over medium heat.
- Serve the hot soup with bread.
- Left over soup makes a great sauce for freshly cooked pasta.
- You can topping with homemade croutons, freshly chopped cilantro and chopped chives.