This is simple and mouthwatering spicy stir-fried bhindi made from tomato, chick peas , and typical Indian curry ingredients. Okra is an amazing vegetable, not only does it taste good but it’s also rich in folic acid and vitamin B6 and also it’s a low calorie vegetable.
Frozen Okra 1 pound
Green chilies 3 No. (Slit lengthwise)
Cornflour ½ Tsp.
Frozen chick peas ½ tin
Grated ginger 2 Tbsp.
Tomatoes 1 no (cut into cubes)
Salt To Taste
Oil for shallow fry
Red chili powder 1 Tsp.
Coriander powder ½ Tsp.
Garam masala powder ½ Tsp.
Fennel powder(optional) ¼ Tsp.
Oil 1 Tsp.
Cumin seed ½ Tsp.
Fennel seeds 1/8 Tsp.
- Snip off stems of Okra. Cut them into 2 to 2 1/2'' pieces.
- Sprinkle little salt and corn flour over them and toss , keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and shallow fry the okras, till crisp and keep aside.
- In mean time combine all masala powders and mix them well. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the cumin and fennel seeds and fry for a second.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes, chick peas and Masalas powders and cover the pan and cook for a few minutes until tomatoes become soft. Stir if needed to avoid the mixture from sticking to the pan.
- Add fried bhindi (okra) and mix gently. Keep on heat for two minutes and then remove the pan.
- Serve hot with chapatti or roti.
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE, YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: