Sweet vermicelli cooked to perfection with raisins and almonds, a great and quick dessert to be enjoyed with a cup of coffee or chai. It is so simple to make and it tastes awesome. It tastes even better when topped with khoa. I made this dish in less fat and less sugar, if you want more taste, you can add more sugar and ghee.
Vermicelli ( Thin ones) 1 cup
Water 1 cup
Sugar ½ cup
Crushed Green Cardamoms 4 no.
Ghee 1 tbsp+1 tsp.
Fried Raisins & Cashews for Garnishing
Kesar color a pinch
- In a pan put one teaspoon ghee and fry the vermicelli till light brown. Constantly stir it to ensure even browning. Keep aside.
- In the same pan add one tsp of ghee and fry the cashew nuts and raisins. Keep aside.
- Take a frying pan, add water and bring into boil.
- Now add the fried vermicelli and cook till soft.
- Now add sugar,crushed cardamons and color in it. Mix it well.
- Cook till it thickens in low flame.
- Add remaining ghee and stir thoroughly and make sure and water is completely absorbed.
- Garnish with fried cashew nuts, and raisins.
- Transfer it to a glass bowl.
- Serve hot chilled with tea or as snacks.
- For Health reasons, I made this dish in less fat and less sugar. You can add khoya or milkmaid for more creamy tasty. If you want more taste, you can add more sugar and ghee.
- Instead of water, you can add whole milk also.