Crispy Kodubale is really a yummy snack and is very famous in South India. This snack is been called in different names in different parts of the places. In Tamilnadu, it’s called as ring Murukku.
One of my Karnataka friend Kohila Mami gave this recipes. I made little change and made it. It came very well. Thank you Mami for Crispy Kodubale recipe.
Rice flour 2 cups
Roasted Maida ½ cup (skillet dry roast)
Roasted Fine Rava 1/4 cup
Roasted Gram dhal (Pottukadalai) ½ cup
Dry coconut powder ½ cup
Red chili powder 1 tablespoon.
Asafetida (Hing powder) ¼ teaspoon
Dry fried ajwain 1/2 teaspoon.
Melted Ghee 1 tablespoon.
Finely chopped curry leaves 1 tablespoon
Salt To Taste
Salt To Taste
Oil For deep frying
- Dry roast the Maida and keep aside.
- Powder the fried gram dal and coconut powder to very fine texture.
- In a large bowl, add all flours, roasted Rava, Hing, dry fried ajwain, chopped curry leaves, red chili powders and salt. Add melted ghee in it and mix well.
- Add little water and knead to a thick smooth dough.
- Make coils and turn them round to make small bangle shaped rings with the ends pinched together to hold.
- Heat the oil in Kadai. Oil should be very low heat.
- Keep the prepared coils on a plate and deep fry when the oil is heated and sufficient number has been made to fry together.
- Fry on medium heat and wait till the bubbles stop after frying, indicating it is done, remove from the oil.
- Drain oil and transfer to the paper towel.
- When completely cooled, store in air tight containers.