Toovar dhal 2 tbsp
Moong dhal ¾ cup
Tomato 3 no
Green Chilies 3 no
Jalapeno chili 1 no
Cut vegetables ¼ cup ( carrot , potato )
Sambhar Powder 2tbsp
Turmeric powder ¼ tsp
Asafetida (Hing) ¼ tsp
Coconut ¼ cup
Aniseed (Snafu, Sombhu) ¼ tsp (optional)
Salt to taste
Oil 2 tsp
Mustard seed ½ tsp
Curry leaves 1 stem
Cilantro (coriander leaves) 2 tbsp
- Cut the tomatoes, vegetables, chillies, curry leaves and ginger
- Heat oil in pan; fry the tomatoes and vegetables for few minutes.
- Then add Sāmbhar powder, turmeric powder and Asafetida (Hing) on it and fry for 2 minutes.
- Cook all above ingredients with dhals in pressure cooker till 3 whistles.
- Grind coconut with aniseed very nicely. Keep aside.
- Take out dhals from pressure cooker. Add salt, coconut masala and boil for 5 minutes.
- Heat the oil in pan adds mustard seeds, curry leaves and fry.
- Pore over to Sambhar and decorate with coriander leaves.
- Serve with idli, dosa and any tiffin items.
Note: If you want more sour you can add more tomatoes .