Pesarattu, traditional Andhra Pradesh dish is prepared mainly with green gram. In my home, one of the quick and healthy dinner options is Pesarattu dosa.
Par Boiled Rice (idly rice) 1 cup
Moong dhal (Green Gram) ¼ cup
Fenugreek ½ tsp.
Grated ginger 1 tbsp.
Green Chilies 5 no
Asafetida 1/4 tsp.
Curry leaves few
Oil 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
- Wash and soak the rice and dhal together in hot water for 3 hours (you may have to skip this step, if you are in superfast mode)
- Grind it to a smooth paste along with green chilies, asafetida, ginger, curry leaves and salt.
- Heat the dosa pan, pour the batter and spread it from the center. Pour a tsp. of oil over the edges.
- When one side is cooked well, flip over to the other side. If necessary, add little oil over the edges, and remove when it is fully cooked.
- Serve with coconut chutney and Sāmbhar.
- If you like spicier dosa, add more Green chilies.
- For more flavor, cut some carrot, coriander, mint leaves and mix with batter. Then make dosa as said above. It will give a different taste.