Ginger has been used as a natural remedy for many ailments for centuries. Now, science is catching up and researchers around the world are finding that ginger works wonders in the treatment of everything from cancer to migraines. Here are ten health benefits of this powerful herb.
Health benefits of ginger
Ovarian Cancer Treatment: ginger powder induces cell death in all ovarian cancer cells to which it was applied.Colon Cancer Prevention: ginger may slow the growth of colorectal cancer cells.
Reduce the Morning Sickness.
Cold and Flu Prevention and Treatment: Ginger has long been used as a natural treatment for colds and the flu
Menstrual Cramp Relief : In Chinese medicine, ginger tea with brown sugar is used in the treatment of menstrual cramps.
Prevention of Diabetic Nephropathy: ginger had a reduced incidence of diabetic nephropathy (kidney damage).
For those who love the flavor of ginger, it is a pure bliss to eat this thogayal .Great for digestion.
Ingredients:Chopped Fresh ginger – ½ cup
Curry leaves – 1 stem
Red Chillies – 2 no
Bengal gram dhal – 1 tablespoon
Urad dhal – 1 teaspoon
Asafetida – a pinch
Tamarind – a small gooseberry size
Salt – ½ teaspoon
Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Soak tamarind in little hot water.
- Wash the ginger, scrap the skin and cut it into small pieces.
- Put oil in a kadai, fry the dhals, red chillies, asafetida and curry leaves. Keep aside.
- Fry the chopped ginger in the same oil for two minute.
- Add tamarind, and salt and grind to a coarse paste.
- Serve with hot rice,pappad , Milaghu Kuzhambhu.