Madappalli provides you a simple and delicious Kerala dish. . This curry is very famous in Malabar side. I made this curry with two vegetables only. You can add any variety of vegetables in it and make this curry. (You can use Snakegourd, carrots, yam etc.)
Raw Banana – 2 no
Black Chenna – ½ cup
Grated Coconut – ½ cup
Jeera – ¼ tsp
Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
Crushed Black Pepper - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Coconut Oil – 2 tsp
Mustard Seeds – ½ tsp
Grated coconut -
Curry Leaves – few
Red chilies – 2 no
- Cook the Chenna with little salt in a pressure cooker. Keep aside.
- Chop the banana in medium size cubes. Cook it in a little water, turmeric powder, black pepper and salt.a
- Grind together cumin seeds and grated coconut.
- Mix together the chenna and the cooked banana. Mix 1 tsp. of coconut oil in it.
- Now mix the grounded coconut in it.
- Cook it in low flame for few minutes.
- Heat the oil, add all seasonings and fry , add to the curry.
- Serve hot with rice.