Sweets are very important part of any Indian festival and function. .Baadam or Almond Burfi is a sweet dish and you can munch it any time of the day.
Whole almonds 3 cups
Sugar 4 cups
Water 1 cup
cardamom Powder 1 tbsp
Ghee 3 tbsp
- Soak Badam in hot water for five hours. Peel the skin. Clean the Badam in a paper towel. Grind it to fine meal.
- Take sugar in a pan, add water and place over low heat. Stir until sugar dissolves completely.
- Let it cook till one string consistency.(Take a water in a small bowl, add a drop of sugar syrup in it . When the syrup holds it shape and does not dissolve in the water).
- Now add the Badam meal and cardamom powder. Lower the stove heat.
- Keep stirring until it leaves the sides of the pan add the ghee and switch off the stove.
- Immediately pour the mixture on a flat, ghee applied tray. Level it evenly with a spatula, and cut into squares. Let cool.