Nothing like a slice of freshly baked cake with a cup of tea in the chilly weather. Banana cake is definitely one of the best and most delicious cake. Bananas really want to be flecked with brown and have a golden hue just as the old jingle says. And when they have gone beyond that stage just a tad -- they are perfect for cake! Yes, this is a really tasty way to deal with all those overly ripe bananas that are begging for use in your kitchen!
All Purpose Flour 1 ¼ cup
Wheat flour ¾ cup
Baking soda 1 ¼ tsp.
Baking powder ¼ tsp.
Plain sugar 1 ½ cup
Mashed Banana 1 cup
Cooking oil ¾ cup
Lime juice 2 tbsp.
salt A pinch
Soy milk (OR)Milk ¾ cup (no added sugar soy milk)
Vanilla essence 1 tsp.
Butter 1 tsp
Finely ground almonds ¾ cup
Chopped walnut ½ cup
Tutti Fruitty ¼ cup (optional)
- Sieve the flours, baking soda and salt into a large bowl.
- In a big bowl, mix the wet ingredients - mashed banana, Oil, vanilla extract, soy milk. And lemon juice. Whisk very nicely to mix all the ingredients very well.
- Mix the sugar, nuts and make a well in the center. Place the mashed banana mixture in the well. And combine all mixture very well.
- Prepare the Bundt cake pan, by applying butter on the bottom and to the sides.
- Pour the cake batter. Spread evenly.
- Bake at 180°C (350°F) for 50 minutes or cake is cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Cool for 5 minutes before turning out on a wire rack to cool completely.
- A moist, tender, nutty delicious egg less banana nut cake is ready.
- This cake really likes a Lemon or Caramel frosting.
- The riper the bananas the better the results will be.