Kara Pori is one the most popular street-side snack in southern part of India. Whenever I feel like eating something, I prepare this snack. This is easy to prepare, and simple, delicious and of course healthy too.
Puffed rice (Pori) - 4 cups heaped
Fried gram (pottu Kadalai) - 1 cup
Peanuts – 1 cup
Mor Milaghai - 4 no
Red chillies - 2 no
Asafetida – ¼ tsp.
Oil - 3-4 tsp.
Turmeric powder -1/4 tsp.
Curry leaves - few
Salt and chillis powder to taste
- Heat oil in a wide pan adds Peanuts, and fried gram Curry leaves. Fry them for 3-4 minutes.
- In the same pan, add more oil, add MOR Milaghai, red chilies, curry leaves and fry for a minute.
- After that ,add the puffed rice with turmeric powder, hing, salt and red chili powder.
- Low the stove heat and, mix it all together and let it sit in the heat for 5 minutes or till it becomes crispy. Store it in an air tight container.
- Serve it hot wit some hot chai