One of my favorites ever! With a hot cup of tea on a lazy Evening, you couldn't make me stop munching these delicacies. Bits of fried curry leaves and some cashew bits thrown in make this snack irresistible!
Besan flour (kadalamavu) - 3/4 cup
Rice flour 2 tbsp.
Chopped Spinach ½ cup
Nicely Shredded Cabbage ½ cup.
Hing - ¼ tsp.
Chili Powder 1/2 to 1 tsp. (adjust with your spice level)
Salt to taste
Crushed Fennel seeds (Sombu) ½ tsp. (Optional)
Chopped curry leaves 3 tbsp.
Cashew bits 1 tbsp.
Water 1 or 2 tsp.
Oil For deep fry
- Chop Spinach and cabbage nicely. Mix a pinch of salt and microwave it for 30 seconds.
- Mix all the ingredients except Oil in a bowl. Add 1 or 2 tsp. of water to just bind all the ingredients. Already Spinach and cabbage contain some moisture in it. That’s enough. Don’t add more water.
- Heat the oil in a pan for deep frying. Sprinkle the mixture onto the oil and keep the flame medium.
- Deep fry them till they are golden brown turning once in a while.
- Remove and drain them on paper towels. Serve hot.