Make delicious Oats Rava Idli using this simple recipe from Madappalli. This oats & Rava Idli is a healthy food that you can have it for your breakfast/dinner. This is very good for diabetic and cholesterol patients.
Instant Oats 1 cup
Thick curd ½ cup
Grated carrot 3 tbsp.
Chopped green chilies 4 no
Grated ginger 1 tbsp.
Chopped curry leaves 1 tbsp
Chopped coriander leaves 2 tbsp.
Chopped cashew nuts 1 tbsp.
Melted ghee 1 tbsp.
Eno Fruit salt 1/4 tsp.
Salt To taste
- Dry roast the instant oats in a pan for 3 minutes. Keep aside.
- In the same pan, dry roast the rava until you gets a nice aroma from it. Keep it for cool.
- Grind coarsely the oats & rava together in the mixture.
- Take a mixing bowl add oats and rava powder and all above ingredients together.
- Mix everything together with the help of spatula to prepare the oats idli batter.
- If batter becomes too thick, add water and prepare like normal idli or dosa batter.
- Grease the idli plate with oil/ghee and pour the batter in the mould and place the stand only when the water comes to a boil.
- Steam for 10 to 12 mins on a medium high flame.
- Serve hot with Chutney / Podi or Sambhar.
- Eno is a fruit salt which is composed of basically 60% baking soda and 40% citric acid.
- You can use cracked wheat be used instead of regular rava