A Shrikhand is and Indian dessert made by mixing thick and creamy strained yogurt with sugar, cardamom and saffron. . It is one of the main desserts in Maharashtra cuisine. It is very easy to make. Here I used low fat Greek yogurt for this shirkand.
Whole Milk 2 cup
Plain Greek yogurt (Or) thick plain curd - 1 pound
Sugar 3 tbsp.
Smashed Almond 4 tbsp.
Saffron a pinch
Elachi Powder 1 tsp.
- In a thick pan, add saffron and milk. Boil them.
- In a bowl, add Greek yogurt/ curd, sugar and add half the infused milk. Mix them well.
- Now add the remaining milk and mix them well.
- Add chopped almond. Fold them together.
- Set them in a glass bowl and garnish it with chopped almonds.
- Keep it in the fridge for 5-6 hours.
- Serve cold.