Ladies finger, stuffed with a delicious mixture of spices. This Marwari style Stuffed okra is an excellent side veggie dish for chapattis and Rice.
Learn how to make Rajasthan style stuffed Bhindi by following this easy recipe.
Tender Ladyfinger/Okra/Bhindi - 30 no.
Oil 6 tbsp.
Salt to taste
Water for mixing masala powder
For Stuffing Masala Powder:
Bengal gram powder/Besan ¼ -1/2 cup
Red chili powder 1 tbsp.
Coriander powder 1 tbsp.
Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
Roasted cumin powder 1tbsp.
Crushed fennel seed 1tbsp.
Amchur powder 1 tsp.
Salt 1 /8tsp.
- Wash and wipe the bhindi with paper towel.
- Trim the lady fingers and make a slit on one side without cutting through.
- Take a bowl, add all above stuffed masala powder ingredients and mix with little water & oil.
- Stuff this mixture into the slits. And keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a nonstick tawa, add stuffed bhindis, and shallow fry for a minute.
- Lower the heat, and cover and cook, stirring occasionally till bhindis get cooked.
- Uncover and stir fry until the ladyfingers are crunchy.
- Serve hot with chapattis, Rice.
- Bharwan bhindi can also be served as starters.