I used to dream about it. Yes!! finally I touched the 100,000 page views and 25,000 viewers. For this achievement my buddy husband gifted me the Kitchen-aid stand mixer. To celebrate , I made this Applesauce Carrot cake.
This egg less cake is excellent with the cream cheese frosting or by itself. I adapted this recipe from “Bakin’ without Eggs” by RoseMarie Emro’s. I made small changes, it turned out very well. Applesauce adds moisture to this carrot cake. Good baking for people with allergies
Light Brown sugar - ¼ cup+ 1 tbsp.
Lightly sweetened Apple sauce , 1 ¼ cups
Vegetable Oil ¼ cup
Plain yogurt 3 tbsp.
Grated carrot 1 ¼ cup
Whole Wheat flour 1 cup
Unbleached all-purpose flour ½ cup
Rolled oats 1 cup
Cinnamon powder 1 tsp.
Baking Powder 2 tsp.
Baking soda 1 tsp.
Low fat cream cheese 1 packet (8 oz)(room temperature)
Grated Lemon rind 1 ½ tsp.
Orange juice Concentrated 2 tbsp.
Vanilla extract 1 ¼ tsp.
Icing sugar 1 tbsp.
Almond flakes 1 tbsp.
coconut flakes 1 tbsp.
Fresh strawberry 1 no.
- Preheat 350 F. Butter a 9 inch pan. Keep aside.
- Take a large pan; add all above ingredients except carrot.
- With a handheld electric mixer (I used my new Kitchen aid stand mixer), set on medium speed, beat for 3 minutes, until well mixed.
- Now with wooden spoon, fold in carrots until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a greased pan and spread the batter evenly.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes.
- The cake is ready, when it leaves the sides of the tin and is springly to touch.
- When ready, remove from the oven and leave it for cool. Invert the tin over a rack and tap sharply to remove.
- Cool before frosting.
To prepare Frosting:
- In a small bowl with a handheld electric mixer set on medium speed, beat cream cheese with icing sugar until smooth , approximately 1 minute.
- Now add at once lemon rind, orange concentrate and vanilla essence.
- Blend for 3 minutes until creamy.
- Spread over top of cake.
- Decorate the cake with almond and coconut flakes.
- Enjoy this lovely cake with Masala chai,