|A chef preparing Rumali roti.|
All-purpose flour (Maida) 1 cup
Whole wheat flour 1 cup
Oil 1 tbsp.
Salt to taste
Water for kneading
- Take a mixing bowl and add Atta , Maida and salt. Make very soft dough like smooth elastic dough. Spray oil on it and cover and set aside for one hour in an airtight container.
- Knead again and, make small balls of the dough and roll it like thin Chapatti of about 12 inches diameter circle. ( roti should be almost translucent ).
- The dough should be rolled to a paper thin thickness (whatever practically can be achieved), You can use a little dry rice flour to help you rolling it.
- The griddle (tawa) is to be kept inverted, convex side up, on the heat.
- Place the Rumali roti carefully over it and cook till done. Once the roti is placed the cooking takes seconds to complete because the roti is very thin.
- Rumali roti is served folded in half and then quarter.
- Serve with Dhal,Paneer Tikka Masala
- You can cook it over the tawa .The tawa should be in very hot. Place the Rumali roti carefully over it and cook till they puff up . Fold it like a handkerchief.
- Though best had hot, in case it is to be served later the rotis should be steamed or the container placed in an oven on medium heat for 5-minutes.