This is a simple dish from Kerala. I prepare Moru Kachiyathu (Seasoned Butter Milk) whenever I am in hurry & also Dhuvadesi days. It is very easy and can be prepared in less than 10 minutes. You don't need coconut for this recipe.
Yogurt 2 cups (room temperature)
Water 1 cup
Ginger grated 1 tsp.
Turmeric powder ¼ tsp.
Salt to taste.
Coconut oil 1 tbsp..
Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp.
Fenugreek seeds a pinch
Red chilies 2 no.
Curry leaves 1 stem
- Blend the yogurt with water. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard & fenugreek.
- Add chilies, ginger and curry leaves. Fry it for 1-2 minutes.
- Add Turmeric powder in it. Mix well.
- Add blended butter milk & slat and stir well.
- Stir continuously for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Keep on stirring till it becomes warm. Never allow it to boil.
- Remove from the stove and stir for a few more minutes allowing it to cool.
- Serve hot with Rice.
- Butter milk should be room temperature. Other ways it may cradle.
- You can store this one week in the refrigerator.