Thin, crisp dosas made of Tovar dal and rice. This dosa is delicious and healthy.
Rice 1 cup
Tovar dhal ½ cup
Fresh grated coconut ½ cup
Grated ginger 2 tbsp
Chopped curry leaves 2 tbsp
Red chillies (Byadgi) 4 no
Crushed black pepper ½ tsp.
Cumin seeds ½ tsp.
Asafetida ½ tsp.
Salt to taste.
Oil as required.
- Soak rice and dhal together for 5 hours. Soak red chilies separately.
- Drain it and grind it with ginger, red chilies, curry leaves, Asafetida, coconut and salt together. Grind it slightly coarsely.
- Add crushed pepper, cumin seeds, chopped cilantro in it and mix well.
- Heat the griddle and pour 2 ladle of batter and spread in a circular motion.
- Drizzle a teaspoon of oil on the edges of the Dosa and Cook both sides till the bottom of the Dosa is golden brown.
- Transfer it to a serving plate and enjoy it with your favorite Chutney,sambhar, Milaghaipodi.