Kunuku is a famous deep-fried snack in Tamilnadu. In my house Kunuku is one of the Karthikai special snack.
Try this easy Kunuku recipe from my Madappalli.
Parboiled Rice ¼ cup
Brown Rice ¼ cup
Toor dal ½ cup
Split gram Dal ½ cup
Chick Peas ¼ cup
Moon dal 1 tbsp.
Curry leaves few
Grated ginger 1 tbsp.
Red chilies 10 no.
Chopped coriander leaves 3 tbsp.
Oil for deep fry
Salt to taste
- Wash and soak the rice and dhals in hot water for 6 hours.
- Grind it without adding water (If needs you can sprinkle water)
- Add chopped coriander, salt, curry leaves and grated ginger, mix it well.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
- Drop small portions of the batter and fry till golden brown.
- Remove and drain excess oil.
- Serve hot.
- You can make this from left over Adai batter.