Minestrone is a thick soup of Italian origin made with vegetables, often with the addition of pasta or rice. It is a very popular vegetable soup that is quite healthy and low in fat. This recipe is no oil in it. This vegetarian soup contains carrots, tomatoes, green beans, spinach, zucchini, canned beans, and cooked pasta, in vegetable broth with herbs.
Ditalini pasta (Or) Macaroni Pasta 1 cup (the tiny cylinder-shaped noodles)
Vegetable broth 4 cups
Crushed black Pepper 1tsp.
Dried Basil 1tbsp.
Bay leaves 1 no.
Organic Tomato Sauce ¾ tin
Kidney bean 1 tin
Salt to taste
Frozen vegetables 1 cup.
Chopped Zucchini 1 cup
Yellow squash Chopped 1 cup.
Chopped Spinach ½ cup
Parmesan cheese or Cheddar cheese
Chopped Cilantro 1 tbsp.
- In a slow cooker, add all ingredients expect pasta and cheese, and left it on high for 3to 4 hours or until vegetables are tender. If needed, add a little more water to the soup.
- In a separate pot, boil the pasta, drained them and added to the slow cooker and stir them well. Cook just until combined
- Remove bay leaves before serving.
- Serve immediately with fresh grated Parmesan cheese& Cilantro leaves.
- Serve with crusty bread and a salad for a hearty meal.
- Leftovers store very well in the refrigerator.