Masitha Keerai is a very healthy form of Kootu since it contains less spices and vegetable alone. Chiru Keerai, Mulai Keerai or palak or any other Keerai is used. You can make this very quickly. Try and enjoy!
Greens 2 Cup
Salt to taste.
Turmeric powder a pinch
Ghee /coconut oil 2 tsp.
Mustard seeds 1 Teaspoon
Urad dal 1 Teaspoon
Asafetida powder 1⁄2 Teaspoon
Dry red chili 2 no.
- Cut and wash the greens (any variety)well.
- Cook with a pinch of turmeric powder and salt.
- Crush well with a churner.
- Heat ghee in a pan, fry the all seasonings.
- Now add these seasonings to the greens. Mix well.
- Serve hot with plain rice.