Pulao is a popular Indian rice dish made with spices, basmati rice and vegetables. In this Pulao I used Zucchini, Carrot and capsicums. This fabulous Pulao is a great accompaniment to any meal. I served this tasty and hearty dish with Raita.
Basmati Rice 1 cup
Water 1½ cups
Bay leaves 1 no.
Cinnamon stick 1 no
Cloves 4 no
Cardamoms 3 no
Small Zucchini 2 no.
Carrot 1 no.
Green Capsicum 1 no.
Finely chopped green chilies 2 no.
Fried cashews & raisins 2 tbsp.
Finely chopped mint & coriander leaves
- Wash and soak the basmati rice for 30 minutes. Drain it and keep aside.
- Wash the vegetables in water.
- Remove the zucchini & carrot skin and grate it. Finely chop the capsicum and keep aside.
- Take a frying pan, heat the ghee, add the bay leaves, cinnamons, green chilies and cardamoms and fry for a second.
- Now add the rice and fry for 2 minutes in low heat. Add water and salt and mix well.
- Transfer the rice into rice cooker. Cover with lid. Let it cook, until rice becomes tender and water has evaporated.
- Heat the oil in a pan, fry the capsicum, zucchini and carrot for 5 minutes in low heat. Keep aside.
- Spread the cooked rice in a plate. Let it cool. Mix with fork, so that the rice retains its shape and does not get smashed.
- Add the vegetables in it. Mix the rice with fork.
- Make sure the zucchini and carrot mixture, missed with rice.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro, mint leaves and fried Cashewnuts.
- Serve hot with Pappad and Raita.