Last week I was craving for healthy, so I decided to make Thai soup. I always make Tom Kha Gai at home. I already posted the Tom Kha Gai soup in my blog.This time I wanted to create my own version of lemongrass soup at home. This lemongrass soup includes the health benefits of ginger, and lemongrass. This soup is an excellent remedy for a cold or flu. High in vitamins A and C, plus calcium, it is also extremely delicious, and makes an elegant soup to serve guests
Vegetable Broth 3 cups
Lime Leaves (kaffir) 2 no.(substitute with lime peel)
Fresh Basil leaves 3 no.
Chopped Galangal 1 Tablespoon
Lemongrass, finely sliced 1 stalk
OR frozen prepared lemongrass 2 Tbsp.
Finely chopped Fresh Thai chilies 3 No
Firm Silken tofu ½ blocks (Cut into 1” pieces)
Thai Chili sauce 1 Teaspoon
Bamboo shoot ¼ cup (optional)
Salt To taste
Fresh lime juice 1 Tablespoon
- In a sauce pan, bring the vegetable broth to boil.
- Once the boiling, add chopped lemongrass, galangal and lime leaves into it and boil for at least 10 minutes in very low heat. Reduce to a simmer and cover for 20 minutes to infuse.
- Now add the chopped thai chilies, chili sauce, tofu , bamboo shoots and salt. Let it cook for another 5-8 minutes in a simmer. Switch off the stove heat.
- Add the lime juice and taste for seasoning.
- Taste-test for salt, If your soup turns out too salty, add more lime juice. Add more fresh chili or chili sauce if not spicy enough.
- Garnish with basil and coriander leaves.
- I could drink the whole pot (not bowl!) of this. Enjoy!
Thai Green Curry
Tom Yum Soup
Tofu Vegetable Soup
Thai Fresh Salad Rolls
Tom Kha Gai Soup/ Thai Coconut Soup