Mandarin oranges come with many names – satsumas, clementines, and tangerines to name a few. What I love most about mandarin oranges is sweet flavor and their skin is very tender. They’re an excellent source of vitamins A and C and fiber. This is a unique pickle, tastes tangy, made out of orange peel. It is also rich in vitamin c .Orange Peel pickle is a very tasty and healthy pickle. This aids in digestion and is good for an upset stomach when consumed with curd rice.
Mandarin Oranges 8 nos.
PickleMasala Powder 2 Tbsp.(click the link)
Salt To Taste.
Turmeric Powder 1/8 Tsp.
Asafetida Powder ½ Tsp.
Grated Jaggery 2 Tbsp.
Lime juice 1 Tsp.
Idaym Nallaennai (Giggly oil) 3 Tbsp.
Mustard seeds 1 Tsp.
- Peel the skin of oranges and cut orange peel into thin pieces.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds, when they start crackle, add the orange peel and fry for 3 minutes.
- Once they cooked, add the chili powder, turmeric powder, Asafetida powder, pickle masalas and salt.
- Now add the lime juice and mix it well and let it cook it for few more minutes. Cook till the oil separates on top.
- The mixture is cooled down well, transfer this into a pickle jar, or a glass bottle or container that is completely dry.
- From this point, the pickle should not come into contact with water or any other moisture to maintain the life of the pickle.
- Give it for a day and the pickle will be perfect!
- Serve with Curd Rice.