Lentils are a healthy and versatile food. Lentils also are a good source of dietary fiber, iron, fol ate, vitamin B1, and minerals. They are nutritious too. Rich in antioxidants, selenium, and B vitamins, all of which boost the immune system. They are also packed with protein, high in iron and very high in fiber, which is good for your digestive and heart health.
Stabilize Blood Sugar
Full of Iron
This fry is creamy, rich, and smoothy. This is very perfect accompaniment for rice or chapatti.
Brown Lentils (Masoor Dhal) 1 cup
Finely chopped Tomato ½ cup
Split Green Chilies 2 nos.
Finely chopped Ginger 2 tbsp.
Finely chopped Jalapeno 1 no.
Turmeric Powder ¼ tsp.
Salt to taste
For the Tempering:
Butter 1 tsp.
Cumin seeds ½ tsp.
Fennel seeds 1 tsp. (optional)
- Wash the dal; add ginger, turmeric, salt and 3 cups of water and pressure cook till the dhal are tender.
- Heat the Butter, in a pan add cumin & fennel seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add chopped tomatoes, green chilies and Jalapeno. Sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Now add the cooked Daal & salt in it and let it boil for few more minutes in simmer.
- Serve hot garnished with the chopped coriander .