This Mughlai delicacy created by jodha Bai for her beloved Akbar. Indian cheese(Paneer) simmered in a satin smooth creamy tomato sauce. A blend of garden fresh vegetables, tomatoes, and bell-peppers cooked in a tomato based sauce with mixed herbs and spices.
Paneer 1/2 pound (250 gms)
Fat Free Cream ¼ tin (optional)
Oil for shallow fry paneer
Oil 2 tsp.
Water ½ cup
Salt to taste
Sugar 1 tsp.
Carrot 1 no. (Cut into small cubes)
Capsicum 1 no ( Cut into small cubes)
Tomato 1 no ( Cut into slices)
Grated Ginger 1 tbsp
Tomatoes 4 no.
Green chilies 2 no
Cashew nuts 3 tbsp.
Gram Masala Powder 1 tbsp.
Coriander Powder 1 tbsp.
Fresh Cardamom powder 1 tsp.
Kashmiri chili powder 1 tsp.
- Wash and cut vegetables into small cubes. Cut the Paneer into big pieces. Keep aside.
- Shallow fry the Paneer pieces and put in the warm water and keep aside.
- Soak the cashew nut in hot water for 30 minutes.
- Grind nicely the Cashew Nuts with chopped tomatoes, grated ginger and green chilies.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the grounded paste and ½ of the dry masalas, fry for 10 minutes in low flame.
- Add water into it and boil for few minutes.
- Heat the oil in pan, add the dry masalas and sliced tomato pieces and fry till the oil separates.
- Now add the chopped vegetables, and fried paneer pieces and again fry for 5 minutes in low flame.
- Now add the above gravy into the vegetables and cook till the vegetables are well cooked.
- Now add the cream and mix well and switch off the stove heat.
- Serve hot with Chapatti , Nan, Rice.