They are high in vitamin B6 and a good source of vitamin C. Since sweet potatoes have a low glycemic index, they can be consumed by those suffering from diabetes, without any apprehensions. Though the preparation of Podimas is simple, the taste is marvelous.
Medium size Sweet Potatoes 3 Nos.
Finely chopped green chilies 3 no.
Grated ginger 1 Tbsp.
Salt to taste.
Turmeric powder 1/8 Tsp.
Lemon Juice 1 Tbsp.
Coconut Oil – 1 Tbsp.
Mustard 1 Tsp
Udad dhal 1 Tbsp.
Channa dhal 1 Tbsp.
Asafetida powder ¼ Tsp.
Finely chopped curry leaves 1 string
Chopped Coriander leaves 2 Tbsp.
Grated coconut 2 Tbsp.
- Wash sweet potatoes .Cut into chunks and pressure cook for 1 whistle. Remove from the pressure cooker and remove the skin.
- Mash them and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add mustard seeds, when the mustard begins to crackle add the other all seasonings and fry dhal till light brown.
- Now add the chopped green chilies, grated ginger, mashed sweet potato and salt.
- Let it cook for a minute in low heat. Now add lemon juice and grated coconut and mix it well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with steam rice and Kuzhambhus.