Aam Panna is a typical Indian Summer Thirst quencher. Nothing more satisfying than a chilled glass of Aam Panna in summers. It is made from green mangoes and it is used as a tasty and healthy beverage to fight against the intense summer heat. There are many variations available of Aam panna. Some people make it with Sugar, ginger, mint and lots more., but I made this Panna is very simple. Prepare this Aam Panna to the beat the heat in summer.
Raw Mangoes 3 No.
Roasted Cumin seeds 2 Tsp.
Sugar 1/2 cup or as per your taste
Black pepper ¼ Tsp.
Salt a pinch
Mint 1 Tsp. (Optional)
Crushed Cardamom 1 no.
Water approx. 4 glasses
Ice cubes 1 cup
- Pressure cooks the mangoes till soft. Peel the mangoes and squeeze the pulp out of them. Discard the pits.
- Combine black salt, black pepper, sugar, roasted cumin; cardamom and mint leaves in a processor give it a good swirl, till they are powdery and smooth. Add the mango pulp to this and puree it till smooth.
- Add chilled water with some ice cubes in it and blend it well. Pour this into Jug and refrigerate it.
- Pour the Aam Panna into the glasses and serve with ice cubes.
- You can store this ground mango puree in a clean bottle and keep it in a refrigerator. Do not use water in the syrup.
- Take 3 tablespoon of Aam Panna syrup in a serving glass. Put chilled water and ice cubes and serve.