I am a big pickle lover. In my house no meal is complete without pickle. This cilantro pickle is Andhra’s special. This is a very simple recipe to follow. . If you are a pickle lover like me, you are going to love this pickle. Just keep in mind the basics of pickle making - use a clean sterilized jar, see that there is no moisture and ensure that oil forms a covering layer over the ingredients in the jar.
Fresh Coriander Leaves 1 big bunch
Curry leaves ½ cup
Ginger 1 Big piece
Lemon Juice ¼ cup
Spicy Masala Powders
Fenugreek Powder 1 Tbsp.
Mustard powder 2 Tbsp.
Turmeric Powder 1 tsp.
Red Chili powder 2 Tbsp.
Hing ½ tsp.
Salt 1 Tbsp.
Gingili oil 3 Tbsp.
Mustard seeds 1 Tbsp.
Urdh dhal 1 tbsp.
- Clean and cut the coriander leaves. Keep aside.
- Chop the ginger in small pieces. Keep aside.
- Cut the curry leaves into small pieces. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and crackle all the tempering, add chopped ginger in it and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped curry leaves into it . Fry it for 5 minutes in simmer.
- Add the coriander leaves with stems. Fry it for 5 minutes in simmer.
- Switch off the stove and kept it for cool.
- Now take a big bowl, add all spicy masala powder one by one and mix it well.
- Add the cooled coriander mix in to the bowl and mix it well.
- Now add the lime juice and mix it well. Rest it for 2 days
- After 2 days, the coriander pickle is ready to use.
- This can be stored for a year or more, if refrigerated.