Potato capsicum masala is a very simple recipe and quite easy to make. In this recipe potatoes and capsicum are sauted together with the spices like chili powder, Curry powder & Snafu powder. It tastes best when it is hot and can be served with naan, roties and rice.
Big Potatoes 4 no.
Big Capsicum 1 no.
Tomato 1 no.
Curry Powder 1 tsp.
Chili Powder 1 tsp.
Snafu powder 1/4 tsp.
Turmeric Powder ¼ tsp.
Salt to taste
Oil 1 tbsp.
Cumin seeds ½ tsp.
Asafetida a pinch.
- Boil potatoes in a pressure cooker. Cut into medium size cubes. Remove skins and keep aside.
- Chop the capsicum and tomatoes and keep aside.
- Heat oil in cast iron, add all seasonings, when cumin seed crackles add the chopped capsicum and fry for few minute.
- Now add potatoes, masalas and salt. Mix well and cook till potatoes becomes tender and all the moisture evaporates. Stir in between.
- After five minutes add tomatoes and cook until tomatoes becomes tender and mixed well with capsicum and potatoes.
- Serve with Rice and Chapatti.
- This can be used to prepare chapatti Roll. Take a chapatti put 2 tbsp of this masala and roll it and serve.
- This is very good as Lunch box & Travel menu..