Planning to switch to a healthier version for lunch today. This simple and quick to prepare Aval curd Bath recipe is the one you can smoothly opt for. With all the ingredients at an easy access in the kitchen, this is a sure shot recipe to lay your hands on. Try this Aval curd Bath is packed with the best nutrients more than one can ask for. Less oil, healthy and tastier! Imagine an all-in-one lunch recipe just a few steps away. Even your little one is sure to shout yummy!. I used to make this Aval Curd Bath on Ekadasi days.
Aval/ Flattened Rice / Poha 1 cup.
Thick Plain Curd 1 ½ cup
Thick Warm Milk ½ cup
Green chilies 2 no. (Finely Chopped)
Grated fresh Ginger 1 Tbsp.
Butter 1 Tsp.
Curry leaves few
Asafetida/ Hing a pinch
Oil ½ Tsp.
Mustard seeds ½ Tsp.
Chopped coriander leaves for decoration.
- Wash the Poha in water till they soften. Drain and keep it aside for a few minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the Poha, milk, ginger ,yogurt,butter and salt. Mix well.
- Add enough curd and check the consistency. Do not make it run thin
- Heat oil in a pan for seasoning.
- Add the mustard seeds and let them splutter.
- Add the chopped green chilies, , curry leaves, and Hing and fry for a few seconds.
- Pour this to over the Poha mixture and mix until well combined.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve immediately with Pickle.
- Green Grapes and pomegranate can also be added to bring in more taste to this irresistible dish