Ribbon Pakoda is a very popular South Indian tea time snack made from gram flour and rice flour. Ribbon Pakoda are an inclusion to all festivals and occasions. I already posted a ribbon Pakoda recipe in my blog. I slightly modify and tried this recipe and made it for this Diwali. It came out very well.
Preparation Time : 5 Minutes
Cooking Time : 25 Minutes
Recipe Category : Snacks
Serves : 3-4 People
Recipe Cuisine : South Indian
Rice flour 2 cups
Gram Flour 1 cup
Red Chili Powder 2 Tsp.
Asafetida powder 1 Tsp.
Salt To Taste
Water As required
Butter 2 Tbsp.
Oil for Deep Frying
- In a bowl sieve rice flour and Gram flour together.
- Add red chili powder, asafetida, salt, and melted butter, mix everything well.
- Gradually add water to make it a stiff dough. The dough should not be too tight or too loose.
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a kadai. The stove heat should be in medium flame.
- Grease the Sev Press with oil. Fill in the dough into the press.
- Only press in enough to cover the oil.
- Fry it till becomes golden brown, strain the excess oil in a paper towel, let it cool.
- Cool the entire ribbon Pakoda and store in an air tight containers.
- Serve with Tea or coffee.
- If making in large quantities, mix all dry ingredients in a big bowl and take small portions and mix water to make dough.
- You can use 1/2 cup of Bengal gram flour and 1/2 cup of Fried gram(Pottukadalai-Chutney dhal) powder.
See my Other Ribbon Pakoda Recipe here